Commentary: In the previous post, we realized the values of having an opt-in list and how to begin building a list from scratch and without a website. This is a continuation of the previous post. Click Here To get the content of part I. I will be adding and updating these two posts as things continue to change so be sure to be checking not to miss out.
Step 2. - Signup with your favorite affiliate program
I would assume that the principal reason why you would need to have your own opt-in list is so that you can make money by promoting offers and products otherwise you would not need to go through all that hustle and bustle in the first place. So the first thing that you need is a quality product to promote, meaning its highly converting, it pays well (50% and above in commissions) easy to promote, definitely not “scam”, and finally the product has to be in demand (You don’t to waste your efforts promoting a product that people aren’t interested in buying).
I have put together The best programs that you can start with if you don’t have any;
Home Website Center – Create a FREE account with them now and you get a host of information websites ready with digital products to promote. Each product comes with its own independent website that is fully setup with no hosting fees etc and you get to adjust the prices as you wish while retaining 100% profits! You also get an easy to use control panel for all sites for your products. They update products regularly in an automated process so that shouldn’t worry you. As you may now know that information products are now selling like hot cakes, I mean more than anything else in the market and yes you can Google for yourself to find out. The world is hungry for information. Get a free account here.
My Affiliate Website – Just like I explained above about the growing demand for information, with this program you make money through reviews. When you get a free signup account with them, you receive a professional looking site that is Search engine optimized so you can even begin making money within minutes. They don’t charge hosting etc, you just choose what kind of reviews you want to put to your site and money start coming your way. You can get a free account with them here.
My blogging site – And you guessed it! Information again, this program allows you to blog with easy to use user interfaces and automated systems tailored to make your work easy and effortless so that you can focus on keeping people happy with your blogs. As a new user, you get click bank integration that allows you to get commissions directly when people click on your affiliate links and make purchases automatically and also get free $25 ads credit from Google, Yahoo and Miua to make your blog more visible. Oh did I mention that you retain all earnings? Well you do, so don’t wait until someone takes the words out of my mouth! Grab your own blog here.
I will not give you a huge unnecessary list, the above should start you off. I chose these three programs because of these reasons;
- They provide what is in demand, “Information”
- Highly converting, over 60% rate
- You get to keep 100% earnings that you make and not a portion
- They’re highly professional increasing conversion
- The automation element that makes them run by themselves
Step 3. - Create Floating Subscription Forms For Each Program That You Promote
Most autoresponders now have this technology of building floating subscription forms or leads capture forms to capture opt-in details. The good thing is that they’re so easy to create, and you do not need a manual or experience to know how to create them.
Step 4. - Get subscribers - Where do you find “Opt-in” subscribers? – This is a good question. You would stop reading if I told you how easy it is! In fact you don’t even need to own a facebook or twitter accounts, and again you don’t need a website or even a blog to start getting opt-in subscribers to add onto your list. There are free list building services available that you can use to build your very own list, and some even pay their members by just interacting on their site by either viewing solo or banner ads etc for credit! I have gathered a list of the best result oriented free list building services out there. Check the list below.
Top 10 Free List Building Services
- List bandit – This is the first program that you should join if you’re a true online marketer and forget about other programs that pay their members! Created by Gary Ambrose (The guy who created listwire.com – The free autoresponder service) you can get hundreds of subscribers within just days, thanks to their dual matrix system. The trick is to keep checking your account as you can find yourself at the bottom with no one to send emails to (if you don’t have referrals) while other times you get hundreds of subscribers (at the top of the matrix). All of these happens every day of the week so be on guard!
- Traffic magnet – This program allows you to send a limited number of subscribers usually 300 to 450 members per week as a beginner. As you refer more members so are your chances of sending emails to more members increase. You get to send emails to anyone in your affiliate down line plus other members in the network. You also get points when you read and click links of other people’s emails, view solo ads and banners. With this credit, you get to post your ads on the network that rotates anywhere the link goes. You get paid 50 % when any of your referrals upgrades.
- Triple your list – You will receive free leads every time the program is in “recycle mode” You also have an option of getting referrals which allows you to send emails to all of your down line referrals and their referrals too. They have a forum where you can get more leads. Their system works different with traffic magnet, which gives you a good reason to join them.
- The list machine – This program works just like list bandit. It’s kind of hard to tell the difference but they have huge numbers of users as well.
- Your huge list - This program allows you to send emails to about 200 users as a beginner in their system. You can post ads within the network if you have credit which you can get by viewing solo ads, banners etc. You also get up to 60 % instant commission when any of your referrals upgrade. They also allow you to attach gifts for your opt-in list.
- List insomnia – This works just like the Traffic Magnet somewhat like a clone but still a great program with lots of members to email. This program allows you to cloak your link into their domain which makes it hard for people to know what they’re clicking.
- Traffic eruption – Works like the above program but you get to email all members while in gold status which you get by default! They hold referral contests periodically where you can win solid cash sent to your account.
- List ads – As a free member in this program, you get 2 lifetime text ads rotating throughout the entire network. You get about 30% commissions when your referrals upgrade and about 10% when there are sales made in the members area. You earn credit when you read members emails and click on the earn credit link on the email.
- List dot com – This program works on per referral where your down line referrals are calculated in levels (up to 20) You only send emails to your down line and never receive any email from the down line affiliates yourself. However you only receive emails from 20 members in your up line, about 20 emails per week which is a great thing.
- List and chat – This program allows you to build your opt-in list that enables you to chat with your referrals. You can also send emails to random members and your 10 level affiliates.
Golden Tip: To get a lot of opt-in subscribers, make sure that you signup and become an active member to all of the 10 programs listed above. Now you have no excuse why you don’t have your own opt-in list, do you?
Tips on how to communicate with your opt in subscribers
- Do not spam your opt-in members – Begin by sending a warming letter, usually a free offer indicated in the opt-in squeeze form while they enter their contacts. After that, you can introduce yourself but if you do not have any online reputation just stick to offering regular free offers that have a back end commission.
- While introducing free offers to your opt-ins, make sure to do extensive research first as a considerable amount of online offers are proven to be scams. You introduce scam, you ruin your online reputation.
- Always personalize your communication with your subscribers by referring them by their first names in the beginning of the email, body and end of email if possible.
- Do not be afraid of asking them to perform a certain action, such attending a webinar event or even completing a offer, just be creative coz you’re dealing with people here not robots and people are nobody’s fool remember that
- Never confuse what you represent – If your opt-in list contains weight loss subscribers, for crying out loud DO NOT introduce money making offers to them even if the product is highly converting. Use another opt-in form and ask them to subscribe to it instead.
Summary To Building A List Without A Website;
- Get an autoresponder, Aweber (most convenient and low cost) or Listwire (free service)
- Signup with your favorite affiliate program (Choose one that offers free front end incentives for opt-in)
- Create floating subscription forms for each program that you promote
- Join the 10 free list building services mentioned, I encourage you to join even more and be active
- Be as professional as possible as you send emails to members as you can be banned
I wish you all the best in your list building endevours, any questions don't hesitate to ask through the comment box below.